Elmore, S.E., January 24, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
« previous page | next page » |
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
ALBERT EINSTEIN, Chairman Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, Incorporated 90 Nassau Street, Princeton, N.J.
I want to help in your campaign of education to ensure that atomic energy will be used for the benefit of mankind and not for humanity's destruction. I enclose my gift of $50.00 toward your $1,000,000 Fund.
Name Mr. & Mrs. S.E.Elmore
City...Spindale Zone...[blank] State...N.C. The treasury Department has ruled that gifts to the emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, Incorporated, are deductible as contributions for federal income tax purposes.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.