Smithers, Brett, January 12, 1948
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
« previous page | next page » |
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
January 12, 1948
Boulder, Colorado Brett Smithers
Albert Einstein Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists, Inc. 90 Nassau St., Princeton, N.J. Dear Sir:
Enclosed please find one dollar, a sum representing a compromise between my desire to be allowed to live the rest of my life in peace with the world and my equally strong desire to live at peace with my wife who daily bucks the high cost of living at the local markets. It occurs to me that the number of your contributors is grossly disproportionate to the number of dollars presently contributed. Why not start with the colleges & universities, organize smaller duplicates of your own committee, and place both your arguments and your Business Reply Envelopes within the reach of a larger number of citizens.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.