Short, Professor Ray E., January 31, 1948.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
FEB 2 RECD
Director of Religious Life Florida Southern College Lakeland, Florida
Ludd M. Spivey, President 31 January 1948
Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists 90 Nassau St. Princeton, N.J.
We may avoid atomic war yet:
We are working hard here; we now have set up a speaker's bureau and have a film ONE WORLD OR NONE to help educate the public here.
Can you help us by supplying some literature with which to further train our speakers and other interested leaders who can spread the message of world control of war instruments? We assure you that we shall make the best of uses of anything you send us.
Particularly we need the following:
1) At least 25 reprints of Dr. Einstein's ATOMIC WAR OR PEACE.
2) Ca. 100 copies, The Last Hour Before Midnight
3) At least 25 reprints WHAT PRICE PREPAREDNESS? by Meyer. 9_5-'
4) Any other pertinent materials you might recommend to us.
Several of us are using this material in our classes and have put it on reserve in our library. Further suggestions are appreciated.
We would appreciate hearing from you immediately on this matter. Sincerely, Prof. Ray E. Short Florida Southern College Lakeland, Florida
Please bill us.
2/10/48 - literature sent
You don't have permission to discuss this page.