Shorr, Philip, October 13, 1947.
- Copy the text as is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Ignore formatting (e.g. spacing, line breaks, alignment)
- If you can't make out a word, enter "[illegible]"; if uncertain, indicate with square brackets, e.g. "[town?]"
- Transcribe letterhead information when possible.
- Click on Save below the box to save.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
3912 Neptune Avenue Brooklyn, New York October 13, 1947
Professor Albert Einstein, Chairman Emergency Committee of Atomic Scientists Princeton, New Jersey
Dear Professor Einstein:
Thank you for your communication of October. I am sorry that my own contribution to your fund is, of necessity, so pitifully small. But I am planning to present your appeal for fund, to the faculty of Abraham Lincoln High School, at our very next meeting. I hope I am not altogether out of order in suggesting, that it would be very helpful if your committee could prepare an impartial appraisal of the Baruch plan and Russian criticism of it. For at present most of the thinking of our teachers on this subject is founded on biased newspaper accounts of one side or the other. Sincerely yours, Philip Shorr
You don't have permission to discuss this page.