Search using this query type:

Search only these record types:

Exhibit Page

Advanced Search (Items only)

Browse Items (3313 total)

The first KOAC (then KFDJ) radio transmitter was built in 1922 by physics professor Jacob Jordan and located in Apperson Hall. Jordan is the second person from the left.

Frank Walter sitting at KOAC's second radio transmitter.

Edward C. Allworth graduated in 1916 from Oregon Agricultural College with a degree in commerce. Allworth was in the U.S. Army from 1917-1922 and received the Congressional Medal of Honor. Known as "The Major," Allworth served as manager of the…

Robert R. Reichart received a B.S. in Commerce from Oregon State University in 1917 and retired in 1974 as both a Professor Emeritus of Education and Forestry. Reichart taught courses in educational psychology, his focus centered on a student's…

James Withycombe was the Experiment Station Director from 1908-1914 and the Governor of Oregon from 1915-1919.

Earl L. Packard worked with the Department of Geology from 1932-1950. In 1932 Packard was appointed the Dean of the School of Science, Director of the Research Council, and Chairman of the Geology Department. His focus of interest were fossil records…

William W. Moreland was the head of the Primary department and a professor of Natural Sciences at Corvallis College. In 1868, Moreland, a legislative clerk, and Senator C.B. Bellinger made Corvallis College Oregon's land-grant institution. Under the…

E.B. Lemon received a business degree from Oregon Agricultural College in 1911, becoming a part-time accounting instructor until 1943. Lemon also held the office of University Registrar from 1922-1943 and was Dean of Administration from 1943-1959.

Clair V. Langton was the Director of the Division of Health and Physical Education from 1928-1964.

Ida A. Kidder was the first librarian at Oregon State College from 1908-1920. This photo was given to the library in 1946 by Miss Lucy M. Lewis.