William W. Moreland
William W. Moreland was the head of the Primary department and a professor of Natural Sciences at Corvallis College. In 1868, Moreland, a legislative clerk, and Senator C.B. Bellinger made Corvallis College Oregon's land-grant institution. Under the Morrill Act of 1862, Corvallis College would be granted 90,000 acres of land.
Harriet's Collection (HC)
Special Collections & Archives Research Center