The Gerald W. Williams Family Vacation Slides consist of images taken by Williams that document trips and activities by Williams and his family in Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana.
ID: P 316
Extent: 0.3 cubic feet
Scope and Content Notes
The Gerald W. Williams Family Vacation Slides consist of images taken by Williams that document family trips and activities in Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana. The slides depict visits by Williams' wife, children, and friends to parks, festivals, historical sites, a museum, and engaged in river rafting. Locations and events featured in these images include: Yellowstone National Park, Heceta Head State Park, the Oregon Country Fair, Rogue River, the National Bison Range, McKenzie River, and Mt. Thielsen.
Statement on Access: Collection is open for research.
Preferred Citation: Gerald W. Williams Family Vacation Slides (P 316), Oregon State University Special Collections and Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Acquisition Note: These materials were acquired by the former University Archives and the Special Collections and Archives Research Center in 2007 and originally described as a component of the Gerald W. Williams Collection (MSS WilliamsG). They were separated for description as this collection in 2016.
Languages of Materials
- Series 1: Slides, 1973-1991 Add to Shelf
- Series 1 is made up of slides of photographs taken by Gerald Williams depicting trips throughout Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming with family and friends. Among those featured in the images are Williams' wife Ellen and children. A little over half of the slides document views at Yellowstone National Park and include shots of the hot springs, wildlife, geysers, and lodges there. Oregon events and landscapes account for about one-third of the views. There are 703 slides in total.
- Box-Folder 1.1: Eugene Parade, 1986 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.2: Heceta Head, 1973-1991 Add to Shelf
- Views of the lighthouse and beach at Heceta Head State Park.
- Box-Folder 1.3: Idaho, 1984 Add to Shelf
- These views document 3 places in Idaho: Craters of the Moon National Park, a cropduster on a farm near Idaho Falls, and a parade in the town in Arco.
- Box-Folder 1.4: Malheur River and Burns Area, 1984 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.5: Marylhurst Museum, 1984 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.6: McKenzie River, 1979 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.7: Mount Thielsen, 1979 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.8: National Bison Range, 1984 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.9: Oregon Country Fair, 1984-1986 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.10: Peoria Road, 1986 Add to Shelf
- Linn County, Oregon.
- Box-Folder 1.11: Rogue River, 1978 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.12: St. Ignatius Church and Mission, 1984 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.13: Yellowstone National Park, 1984 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.14: Yellowstone National Park, 1984 Add to Shelf