The Jack Williams Slides consist of color slides made by the father of Gerald W. Williams, Jack Williams, during the mid-to-late 1950s. The images depict landscapes in Oregon, California, and Washington; birds and wildlife; and dams and other water projects in the Pacific Northwest. The photographs include views of the Oregon coast, Crater Lake, the McKenzie River, and other lakes and rivers of the Oregon Cascades. Several dams and water projects in Oregon and Washington are depicted, including the Pelton Dam, Clearwater Power Project, Tokatee Falls aquaduct, The Dalles Dam, Detroit Dam, Bonneville Dam, the Celilo Canal, Ice Harbor Dam, and Yale Dam.
Of special note are 20 color slides of Native Americans fishing at Celilo Falls on the Columbia River before the area was flooded by The Dalles Dam. These images depict fishing platforms, fishermen netting salmon, a water-powered fish wheel, and a fishermen’s camp. Most of the images are available online in Oregon Digital.
- Series 1: Oregon, 1954-1958 Add to Shelf
- Series 1 consists of 244 slides depicting landscapes and scenic views in Oregon, especially dams and water projects. The images include views of the Oregon Coast; Crater Lake; the Deschutes, Clackamas, and McKenzie Rivers; Sisters; Clear Lake; and McNary Lake. Several dams and water projects in Oregon are depicted, including the Pelton Dam, Clearwater Power Project, the aqueduct at Tokatee Falls, The Dalles Dam, Lookout Point Dam, Detroit Dam on the Santiam River, Bonneville Dam, and the Celilo Canal.
- Box-Folder 1.01 Add to Shelf
- Series 2: Native Americans Fishing at Celilo Falls, 1956 Add to Shelf
- Series 2 consists of 20 slides of Native Americans netting salmon at Celilo Falls on the Columbia River before the area was flooded by The Dalles Dam. The images include views of 3-Mile Rapids, a water-powered fish wheel, fishing platforms, and a fishermen's camp. Most (18) of the images are available online in Oregon Digital.
- Box-Folder 1.02 Add to Shelf
- Series 3: Landscapes and Wildlife, 1954-1960 Add to Shelf
- Series 3 consists of 439 slides depicting landscapes in California and other western states and Canada. The series also includes images of birds and other wildlife. Several photographs of dams are included in this series.
- Box-Folder 1.03: California Landscapes and Wildlife, 1954-1957 Add to Shelf
- 280 slides; slides of California locations include Long Beach, Pismo Beach, Santa Barbara, Shasta Lake, San Francisco, Coast Highway, the Redwood Highway, and Cherry Valley. Wildlife slides include mallards, geese, swans, cormorants, western and eared grebes, horned owls, osprey, ruddy ducks, brown bear, elk, coyotes, deer, marmots, and turtles. Slides of the English Channel and Tule Lake are also found in this folder.
- Box-Folder 1.04: Landscapes, 1957-1960 Add to Shelf
- 159 slides; Landscape slides are from a variety of locations in California, Washington, and Canada including the Trinity River and Hills, Norden Lake, Lake Tahoe, Donner Pass, Yosemite, Bremerton, Lake Merwin, Seattle, the Olympic Mountains, Hell's Canyon, Little Salmon River, Missouri River, Saskatoon, and Edmonton. Other slides of Ice Harbor Dam, Yale Dam, Quarnstrom's Home, and the Puget Sound Navy Yard are included.
- Series 4: Olympic Games and Marineland, 1960 Add to Shelf
- Series 4 consists of 32 slides depicting the 1960 Winter Olympic Games, held in Squaw Valley, California, and sea animals at Marineland. Marineland of the Pacific was a public oceanarium and tourist attraction in Los Angeles County, California that opened in 1954.
- Box-Folder 1.05 Add to Shelf