The Biology Club Records document the membership and activities of this student and staff organization at Oregon State College. The records consists of minutes and correspondence, treasurers' reports, constitutions, membership lists, and notices of meetings. Only one item, the 1921 constitution, is availalble in original paper form. All other records are only available on microfilm.
The minutes and correspondence (identified as Series 1) comprise the bulk of the records and cover the time period 1915-1951. The minutes document business conducted at the meetings and include summaries of presentations given by faculty and students on biological topics to the membership. The correspondence includes invitations to faculty to join the organzation and announcements of meetings. Some membership lists are included with the minutes.
The Treasurers' Reports (identified as Series 2) indicate dues received and expenditures, primarily for clerical services. Reports for 1925-1940, 1942-1944, and 1946-1947 are part of the collection.
Constitutions adopted in 1915 and 1921 are identifed as Series 3. The 1921 constitution is also available in paper form. The constitutions prescribe the purpose of the club, the organization and governance, and membership criteria.
Membership lists for 1938-1943 and 1949-1950 are available in the collection and are identified as Series 4. Some membership lists are also included in Series 1. Meeting notices and announcements from the 1920s-1940s comprise Series 5 and indicate the meeting day, time, and place as well as the topic of the presentation.