skip to main content
Oregon State University
Special Collections and Archives
Research Center

Printer Friendly

Email Us

View Shelf

Milton Harris Papers, 1925-1996View associated digital content.

Milton Harris (1908-1991), a 1926 graduate of Oregon Agricultural College, was a lifelong supporter of OSU who, in 1984, established the university's first fully-endowed professorship. In 1945, Harris founded his own research laboratory, which later became a subsidiary of the Gillette Company. A holder of 35 patents and a very active member of the scientific community, Harris also enjoyed a six-year term as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the American Chemical Society.
ID: MSS Harris
Extent: 22.0 cubic feet
Scope and Content Notes
Biographical / Historical Notes
Statement on Access: Permission to examine the Harris Papers will be granted to qualified researchers upon completion of an "Application for Use" form, and contingent upon the researcher's agreement to abide by the rules and policies governing the use of manuscripts.
Arrangement
Preferred Citation: Milton Harris Papers (MSS Harris), Oregon State University Special Collections and Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Acquisition Note: Content was accessioned from the Harris family, first in the Spring of 1998 and again in September 2003.
Languages of Materials
Other