The Political Identities Project Records document the preparation of sound recordings of student papers prepared for a class assignment on personal political statements. The records consist primarily of born-digital electronic records that were received on 7 compact discs. The electronic records include project records, the students' original papers, audio and video recordings, scripts for recordings, transcripts made from the recordings, and graphics and visual elements. The audio and video recordings vary in length from less than a minute to more than 30 minutes; the final productions range from 10-35 minutes in length. File formats include Microsoft Word (docx), Excel (xlsx), and PowerPoint (pptx) as well as mp3 and wav format sound files; wmv, mov, and mp4 video files; jpg and png image files; and a few pdf, swf, and html files.
A small quantity of paper records are also part of the collection. The paper records consist of signed consent forms, a brief statement justifying the project, and a list of project participants.
Recordings of the following individuals are represented in the project: Steven Anderson, Emily Asmann, Elliott Finn, Amelia Harris, Tyler Hogan, M.T. Hopoi, Annie Kersting, Ryan Ludlow, Madison Parker, Ravi Patel, Liberty Pertiwi, and Clayton Southall. The papers and recordings address a variety of topics including gender expectations, religion, popular culture influences, workers' rights, racism, experiences with local politial organizations, transgender identity, and views of nature.
The electronic records are available to researchers in the Special Collections & Archives Research Center Reading Room.
- Series 1: Project Records, 2010-2011 Add to Shelf
- Series I consists of electronic and paper records. The electronic records are arranged by the compact discs on which they were received. File formats include Microsoft Word (docx), Excel (xlsx), and PowerPoint (pptx) as well as mp3 and wav format sound files; wmv, mov, and mp4 video files; jpg and png image files; and a few pdf, swf, and html files.
- Item RG256:001: Documents and Graphics Add to Shelf
- Includes syllabus and related documents for the course, project documents, consent forms, and graphic files. A video file (mp4) of Liberty Pertiwi is also included here.
- Extent: 578 Mbytes; 61 files
- Item RG256:002: Files for Amelia Harris, Annie Kersting, and Clayton Southall. Add to Shelf
- Extent: 675 Mbytes; 22 files
- Item RG256:003: Files for Emily Asmann and Clayton Southall. Add to Shelf
- Extent: 457 Mbytes; 40 files
- Item RG256:004: Files for Elliott Finn and Madison Parker. Add to Shelf
- Extent: 666 Mbytes; 46 files
- Item RG256:005: Files for Elliott Finn, M.T. Hopoi, Ryan Ludlow, and Ravi Patel. Add to Shelf
- Extent: 665 Mbytes; 51 files
- Item RG256:006: Files for Tyler Hogan and Steven Anderson. Add to Shelf
- Extent: 696 Mbytes; 9 files
- Item RG256:007: Files for Steven Anderson. Add to Shelf
- Extent: 30 Mbytes; 53 files
- Box-Folder 1.1: Paper Records Add to Shelf
- The paper records include signed consent forms for project participants, a summary justification for the project, and a list of participants.
Oregon Multicultural Archives
Oregon State University--Students.
Oregon State University. Associated Students of OSU (ASOSU)