The President's Office Records of John M. Bloss contains correspondence from Bloss' presidency, a bound volume of correspondence from the Arnold, Letcher, and Bloss presidencies, a microfilmed copy of a Corvallis Gazette article announcing Bloss' marriage to Mary A. Woods, the transcript of a speech on pollination given by Bloss, two reports to the Secretary of Agriculture and the Secretary of the Interior describing the state of the college, and information on students, faculty, and course offerings compiled for President Bloss.
In addition to the original paper documents, a partial, microfilmed copy of this collection is available upon request.
- Series 1: Correspondence, 1892-1897 Add to Shelf
This series is comprised of loose correspondence between Bloss, faculty of the State Agricultural College, the Board of Regents, employees of the State of Oregon, and private citizens. Included in this series are annual reports from the faculty of the college, correspondence regarding an exhibit at the Chicago World's Fair, inquiries from prospective students, requests for Bloss' attendance at various engagements, and communications with educators and community leaders throughout Oregon.
This series also contains bound correspondence dating from the Arnold, Letcher, and Bloss presidencies.
- Box-Folder 1.1: Correspondence, 1892 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.2: Correspondence, January - May, 1893 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.3: Correspondence, June - July, 1893 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.4: Correspondence, 1894 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.5: Correspondence, 1895 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.6: Correspondence, 1896 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.7: Correspondence, 1897 Add to Shelf
- Box-Folder 1.8: Correspondence, undated Add to Shelf
- Box-Item 1.9: Bound Correspondence, 1892-1896 Add to Shelf
- Series 2: Marriage Announcement, 1893 Add to Shelf
- This series is comprised of a photocopy of an article from the Corvallis Gazette announcing the marriage of John M. Bloss to Mary A. Woods on September 22, 1893.
- Box-Folder 1.10: Marriage Announcement, September 22, 1893 Add to Shelf
- Series 3: Speeches, 1894 Add to Shelf
- This series is comprised of a transcript of a speech titled "Pollination" given to the Oregon State Horticultural Society in January 1894 by John M. Bloss.
- Box-Folder 1.11: "Pollination.", January 1894 Add to Shelf
- Series 4: Reports, 1893-1894 Add to Shelf
- This series is comprised of reports submitted to the Secretary of Agriculture and the Secretary of the Interior, and information compiled for use by President Bloss. The reports include details of Oregon State Agricultural College student enrollment, budget information, faculty duties and schedules, and course offerings.
Oregon State Agricultural College
Oregon State Agricultural College. Agricultural Experiment Station
United States. Bureau of Education
United States. Department of Agriculture
Universities and colleges--Curricula--Oregon--Corvallis.
Universities and colleges--Law and legislation--Oregon.
Universities and colleges--Oregon--Corvallis--Administration.
Universities and colleges--Oregon--Corvallis--Finance.
World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.)