This collection contains correspondence sent and received by B. L. Arnold and his staff concerning the State Agricultural College from 1888 to 1892 and includes communications with the Board of Regents, current and future faculty members, government officials, and other parties. The collection also contains a photocopy of Arnold's obituary as it appeared in the Corvallis Gazette on February 12, 1892. Additional correspondence from the Arnold presidency can be found in the President's Office Records of John M. Bloss, Series I.
In addition to the original paper documents, a partial, microfilmed copy of this collection is available upon request.
- Series 1: Correspondence, 1888-1892 Add to Shelf
- This series contains correspondence between B. L. Arnold and members of the State Agricultural College Board of Regents, various state and federal officials, and private citizens concerning the management and operation of the State Agricultural College of Oregon between 1888 and 1892. Subjects discussed include availability of military officers for service as instructors, faculty candidates, course offerings, budgets, and upkeep of the college grounds. Additional correspondence from the Arnold presidency can be found in the President's Office Records of John M. Bloss, Series I.
- Series 2: Obituary, 1892 Add to Shelf
- This series contains a photocopy of B. L. Arnold's obituary published in The Corvallis Gazette on February 12, 1892.
- Box-Folder 1.4: Obituary of B. L. Arnold, 1891-1892 Add to Shelf
Universities and colleges--Curricula--Oregon--Corvallis.
Universities and colleges--Law and legislation--Oregon.
Universities and colleges--Oregon--Corvallis--Administration.
Universities and colleges--Oregon--Corvallis--Finance.