The Harriet Moore Photograph Collection consists of images assembled by Moore documenting Oregon State students, faculty, and campus scenes. The collection includes images of sorority and fraternity members and events; football games and players; women's physical education instructors; and campus buildings and scenes. Of special note are two photographs of the motion picture filming of a pageant on campus in the mid 1910s; flooding on lower campus; and an interior view of the Gymnasium (now Valley Gymnastics Center) showing a balcony. A studio portrait of the 1909 CPS (perhaps Corvallis Public School) basketball team is part of the collection.
Several of the photographs were given to Moore by colleagues and friends including Lena B. Tartar, Peggy Walker Allworth, and Beulah Gilkey.
Photographers include Ball Studio and Howells Studio.
- Series 1: Photographs, 1890-1962 Add to Shelf
- Series I consists of photographs assembled by Harriet Moore depicting Oregon Agricultural College students, faculty, and campus scenes.
- Box-Folder 1.1 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:01: Sigma Alpha Epsilon house, circa 1940 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:02: Sigma Alpha Epsilon mascot, dog "Mac", 1934 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:03: Ellsworth Erwin, 1927 Add to Shelf
- Campus mail carrier for many years; photograph from Lena B. Tartar.
- Item P150:04: Armed Service Training Unit Flag Ceremony, January 1944 Add to Shelf
- Band in foreground; Pharmacy building in background.
- Item P150:05: Nettie Sturges Add to Shelf
- Item P150:06: Ruth Thayer Add to Shelf
- Item P150:07: Doris Thorneley Add to Shelf
- Item P150:08: Lois Rankin Add to Shelf
- Item P150:09: Edna Agnes Cocks - Head Add to Shelf
- Head of women's physical education.
- Item P150:10: Katherine Seay - Y.W.C.A. Secretary, circa 1924 Add to Shelf
- Portrait photograph published in the 1926 Beaver yearbook, page 236.
- Item P150:11: Lambda Chi Alpha party, 1919 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:12-P150:13: Alpha Chi Omega members, 1918-1919 Add to Shelf
- Composite of individual portraits of sorority members.
- Item P150:14: Alpha Tau Omega fraternity, 1920 Add to Shelf
- Group photograph of fraternity members.
- Item P150:15-P150:22: Women students, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Snapshots of individuals and groups; removed from an album assembled by Peggy Walker Allworth.
- Item P150:23: Alpha Chi Omega, Chi Chapter, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Composite of individual portrait photographs of sorority members.
- Item P150:24: Dooley - unidentified man, circa 1915 Add to Shelf
- Portrait photograph.
- Item P150:25: Victor Moses, circa 1890 Add to Shelf
- Holding a trumpet; portrait photograph that may have been taken by Sydney Trask (Moses' brother-in-law).
- Extent: 3 prints
- Item P150:27: Rooters parading to the game, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Waldo Hall in background.
- Item P150:26: Football rooters on field, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Waldo and Langton Halls in background
- Item P150:28: Rooters in the stands, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:29: Rooters in the stands with yell leader Chapman, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:30: Rooters on Bell Field, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Waldo and Langton Halls in background
- Item P150:31: Rooters on Bell Field, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Heating plant and smokestacks in background.
- Item P150:32: Rooters on field, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- On Multnomah Field in Portland?
- Item P150:33: OAC rooters at University of Oregon game, 1914 Add to Shelf
- OAC vs University of Oregon (civil war) on November 21, 1914; score 3-3.
- Item P150:34: Rooters in the stands, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:35: Game scene, 1914 Add to Shelf
- OAC vs University of Oregon (civil war) on November 21, 1914.
- Item P150:36: Football player -- Butts, 1916 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:37: Two football players, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:38: Varsity squad -- football team, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:39: Football team, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Waldo and Langton Halls in the background.
- Item P150:40-P150:41: Pageant, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Film maker with motion picture film camera.
- Item P150:42: Football players, circa 1916 Add to Shelf
- Studio portrait photograph of football players "Butts" Reardon, "Darkhorse" Newman, and Lee Bissett wearing their letter sweaters.
- Item P150:43: Class Reunion, circa 1962 Add to Shelf
- Class of 1912 50th reunion on steps of Memorial Union.
- Item P150:44: Two women with "Lady of the Fountain" statue, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:45: Unidentified woman, circa 1930 Add to Shelf
- Graduation portrait photograph in cap and gown; photograph by Howells Studio.
- Item P150:48: Football game, University of Oregon vs. Oregon Agricultural College, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- In Corvallis.
- Item P150:49: Football game at Bell Field, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:50: Spectators at football game, circa 1914 Add to Shelf
- Item P150:51: Group of men and women on a picnic, circa 1900 Add to Shelf
- This photograph was from the estate of Helen Gilkey and was given to Harriet Moore by Helen's sister, Beulah Gilkey.
- Item P150:52: Covell House, circa 1920 Add to Shelf
- First nursery school.
- Item P150:53: Legislators visiting Oregon Agricultural College, 1921 Add to Shelf
- Legislators ("notables"), standing at the corner of 9th and Madison, were visiting campus on May 5, 1921.
- Item P150:54: Women's physical education class, circa 1912 Add to Shelf
- Print affixed to album or scrapbook page.
- Item P150:55: American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) Convention attendees, 1931 Add to Shelf
- Group photo of attendees in front of the Men's Gymnasium (Langton Hall). Attendees include Charles D. Byrne, Wallace L. Kadderly, Frank L. Ballard, Fred Shideler, Edwin T. Reed, John C. Burtner, and others from Oregon State. Photograph by Howells Studio.
- Item P150:57: Mabel Black, circa 1922 Add to Shelf
- Portrait image; Black was a member of the Class of 1922.
- Item P150:58a: View of Cauthorn Hall, circa 1910 Add to Shelf
- Photograph probably made from north wing of Agriculture Hall looking to the west.
- Extent: 4x5 copy negative and duplicate print
- Item P150:58b: Flooding on lower campus, circa 1920 Add to Shelf
- View to west of flooding on lower campus with a canoe on the water; print affixed to album page.
- Item P150:59: The Fusser's Bench, circa 1920 Add to Shelf
- On lower campus; print affixed to album page.
- Item P150:60: Snow on campus, circa 1915 Add to Shelf
- Snapshot affixed to album page.
- Item P150:61: The "Main Drag", circa 1920 Add to Shelf
- Walkway on lower campus; print affixed to album page.
- Item P150:62: Cadets on Multnomah Field at Portland Rose Festival, circa 1915 Add to Shelf
- Extent: postcard print
- Item P150:63: Junior Prom, 1912 Add to Shelf
- Interior of gymnasium with balcony (now Valley Gymnastics Center); photograph by Ball Studio.
- Box-Folder 2.1 Add to Shelf
- Item 1: Mechanical Hall, circa 1910 Add to Shelf
- Later named Apperson Hall; now Kearney Hall.
- Item 2: CPS Basketball Team, 1909 Add to Shelf
- Studio portrait; includes Fred Cate (coach?), George Musgrave, Harry Sprague, Ralph Legley, Alex Hayes, Clyde Starr, and Ralph Morgan. Perhaps Corvallis Public School team.
Greek letter societies--Oregon--Corvallis.
Moore, Harriet L. Forest
Oregon Agricultural College--Football.
Oregon Agricultural College--Students.
Physical education for women--Oregon--Corvallis.