The Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs were assembled by William Harling Davolt, a 1908 graduate of Oregon Agricultural College and OAC track athlete. The scrapbook documents track and field events in Oregon and Washington; the photographs depict campus buildings and OAC athletes.
ID: MSS Davolt
Extent: 0.1 cubic feet
Scope and Content Notes
The William Harling Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs document track and field events in Oregon and Washington, the Oregon Agricultural College campus, and OAC athletes.
Statement on Access: Collection is open for research.
Preferred Citation: William Harling Davolt Scrapbook and Photographs (MSS Davolt), Oregon State University Special Collections and Archives Research Center, Corvallis, Oregon.
Acquisition Note: The photographs and scrapbook were donated to the Archives by W.H. Davolt of Kelso, Washington in 1964.
Languages of Materials
- Series 1: Scrapbook, 1904-1908 Add to Shelf
- The Davolt Scrapbook consists of newspaper clippings about track and field events in Oregon and Washington, primarily featuring Oregon Agricultural College teams; however, articles pertaining to other Oregon, Washington, and California teams are included. The scrapbook also includes a few articles pertaining to the Oregon Agricultural College football team.
- Box-Item 1.1: Scrapbook, 1904-1908 Add to Shelf
- Series 2: Photographs, circa 1907-1908 Add to Shelf
- The photographs include images of campus buildings, a metal working class, the 1907 football team, and track athletes and events.
- Box-Folder 2.1 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:1: Cauthorn Hall, circa 1907 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:2: Education Hall, circa 1908 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:3: Waldo Hall, 1908 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:4: Apperson Hall, circa 1907 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:5: Benton Hall with champion flag, circa 1907 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:6: Metal working class, circa 1907 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:7: Football team, 1907 Add to Shelf
- Item P039:8: W.H. "Hod" Davolt and Beach, circa 1908 Add to Shelf
- Studio portrait in track uniforms.
- Item P039:9: "Hod" coming through the finish line, circa 1907 Add to Shelf
- Track meet at unidentifed location (not OAC).
- Extent: 2 prints, including one duplicate print
People, Places, and Topics