The Wilson Room Collection holds an assortment of literature, historical texts, artifacts, and antiques from Britain's 18th and 19th centuries. Norman and Glenville Wilson spent many years travelling in Britain and indulging their mutual interest in British history. Norman joined the Oregon State University faculty in 1947, teaching English composition and literature until his retirement in 1968. Glenville worked for the USDA Forest Service office in Corvallis for 20 years. Their donation to the library provides an important resource for scholars interested in Georgian and Victorian history.
12 linear feet; 310 items