Born in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, in 1927, William Wick came to Oregon State College to study fish and game management and received both B.S. and M.S. degrees in 1950 and 1952, respectively. First employed by OSU in 1960 as an Extension Service Agent for Tillamook County, Wick left seven years later to work at the OSU Marine Science Center in Newport. In 1968, Wick assumed the post of Program Leader of the Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program and a year later became coordinator of the regional Pacific Sea Grant Advisory Program. For his efforts in the Marine Advisory Programs, Wick received the U.S. Department of Agriculture Superior Award in 1971. In 1973, Wick became Director of the OSU Sea Grant Program. Wick retired as Sea Grant Director on December 31, 1990.
Return to William Q. Wick Papers Home