Designed by Charles H. Burgraff, Waldo Hall was completed in 1907 as a women's dormitory. It originally had 115 rooms and could accomodate up to 300 women residents. It was named in honor of Dr. Clara Humason Waldo, an Oregon Agricultural College Regent from 1905 to 1919. In 1959, after completion of adjacent Snell Hall as a new women's dormitory, Waldo Hall became a men's dormitory. It continued to be used for student housing until 1965. The 50th anniversary of Waldo Hall was celebrated during the 1957-1958 academic year. During its first 50 years, more than 12,000 Oregon State College women students lived in Waldo Hall.
Return to Waldo Hall Scrapbooks Home