The Triad Club was organized in 1926 by School of Commerce faculty member A. C. Schmitt. Initially open only to male faculty members with two or more years of service at OSU, the club was established to further "fellowship, cooperation, and service" among the different depart-ments of the University, the students, and the citizens of Corvallis. Holding weekly luncheon meetings where members and guest speakers offer programs and presentations, the club selects members through a membership committee. Reversing their original charter, the club began to admit women in 1978 with Lois McGill selected as the first female member.
Return to Triad Club Records Home