Born in 1883, Albert D. Taylor established one of the first landscape architecture firms in Ohio and went on to help found the landscape architecture program at Ohio State University (where he also taught). In 1925, President Kerr invited Taylor to assist in updating the campus plan for OSU. Many of Taylor's recommendations in his 1926 report were implemented, including the relocation of farm buildings to the west of 30th street and the transformation of that avenue into a tree-lined boulevard. In 1940, OSC recognized Taylor's work with a honorary doctor of science degree. Taylor, in kind, donated to the college several scrapbooks, photographs, and other materials that form the core of the Albert D. Taylor Collection. He died in 1951.
Return to Albert D. Taylor Collection Home