Ernst Thedore Stuhr was born in 1900. He received a B.S. from the University of Nebraska in 1925 and an M.S. from the University of Florida in 1927. Stuhr served on the faculty of the Oregon State College (OSC) School of Pharmacy from 1927 to 1944 as Assistant Professor of Pharmacy (1927-1930) and Associate Professor (1930-1944) of Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy. His major area of research, medicinal plants, was reflected in the many articles that he wrote for scholarly and trade journals. In 1944, Stuhr resigned from OSC to take a position with Frank Nau Manufacturing Chemists in Portland, Oregon. He was a member of several scientific, honorary and professional societies. Stuhr died on February 12, 1980.
Return to Ernst Thedore Stuhr Papers Home