Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Steak and Chop Club Records, 1938-2007

Historical Note:

The club was founded in 1938 by several staff members of the Oregon State University Federal Cooperative Extension Service for the purpose of gastronomy and good fellowship, and was loosely based upon similar clubs that existed in the 18th century. The first officers were H. A. Lindgren, "Top Sirloin" (president), and E. R. Jackman, "Little Chop" (scribe).


Return to Steak and Chop Club Records Home