Description: T.J. Starker, ca. 1920s. Thurman James Starker was a professor of Forestry from 1922-1942. He taught courses in forest management and silviculture and purchased land during the 1930s which would become Starker Forests. Starker also helped the city of Corvallis create Avery Park. In 1962 he was appointed a member of the Oregon State Board of Forestry by Governor Mark Hatfield.
Source: College of Forestry Photographic Collection (P 061)
Return to T.J. Starker Collection Home