Snook and Traver was a Corvallis, Oregon, contractor that constructed many buildings on the OAC campus. The company was started by Harmon Snook and later operated by his daughter Ella Snook and her husband Louis Traver. Snook and Traver was awarded the general contract for construction of the Oregon Agricultural College library (now Kidder Hall) by the Board of Regents on May 25, 1917; construction began immediately and the building was completed for occupancy in September 1918. The original contract with Snook and Traver was for $83,700; they were ultimately paid $95,099.40.
Return to Snook and Traver Ledger Home