Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Contract Administration Records, 1889-1976

Scope and Content Note

The Contract Administration Records consist of expired contracts, leases, and agreements records and abstracts of title. The contracts include deeds and titles for land purchases, leases, and easement agreements as well as construction and architectural service contracts for buildings on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis and at other sites in Oregon. Many of the construction and architectural service contracts are for buildings on the Corvallis campus constructed in the 1910s and 1920s that are now part of the campus historic district. John V. Bennes and his associates provided architectural services for many of the buildings.

Other contracts and agreements of note pertain to the establishment of scholarship funds; land purchases for McDonald Forest and leases and other agreements for forestry research; and oceanographic research vessels. Some memoranda of agreement for research projects with federal and state agencies are included. Contracts and leases for county Extension Service offices and branch Experiment Station lands and facilities are also part of the records.

The abstracts of title are primarily from the 1930s for land that now comprises the McDonald Forest in north Benton County.

Architectural drawings and maps are included for some of the contracts and abstracts.


Return to Contract Administration Records Home