Established by the university in 1925 and housed in various locations on campus, the Horner Museum officially closed to the public in 1995 due to budget cutbacks resulting from the passage of ballot measure 5 in 1990. After its close, the museum's collections were managed by the University Archives and resided in the basement of Gill Coliseum. Custody of the materials was later transferred to the Benton County Historical Society. In Spring 2008, the physical collection was moved from the OSU campus to the Historical Society's collections storage facility in Philomath, Oregon.
Return to Horner Museum Records Home