The Campus Cooks Club, alternately known as the Three C's Club, was formed in 1925. The membership consisted of all women who cooked for students in dormitories, fraternities, boarding houses, sororities, cooperatives, etc. The club was a social club where members swapped recipes, helped new members with special problems, participated in placement work for its members, and gave to charities. There were 30-40 members and dues were 75 cents a year. Meetings were held in churches and, in later years with a smaller membership, in homes. Every meeting began with the Lord's Prayer. The club disbanded in 1968 due to a general lack of interest.
Return to Campus Cooks Club Records Home