The Resident Hostess Club of Oregon State College was officially named as such in 1948, but apparently existed without a formal name for some time previously. The club consisted of the housemothers, or resident hostesses, of organized living groups on campus, including both male and female living groups. By 1955 the Greek fraternities also had housemothers, or hostesses, living in each house. According to its constitution, the purpose of the club was "to promote friendliness among the membership." The hostesses met monthly to discuss problems at the living groups and to plan social events for the residents. Most meetings included a program conducted by the Dean of Women. The club disbanded sometime after 1967.
Return to Resident Hostess Club of Oregon State College Records Home