Although the OSU Extension Service dates to 1911, not until 1944 was a farm forestry project initiated within Extension. In the late 1940s, the Extension Service added two foresters to the central staff at OSU. By the early 1980s, the Extension Forestry program included ten county agents and eight central staff forestry specialists, and was administered by the College of Forestry. Charles Ross served as Extension Forester from 1946 to 1970.
Return to Forestry Extension Records Home