The original Cauthorn Hall (now Fairbanks Hall) was constructed in 1892 as the first men's dormitory at Oregon Agricultural College and served as the men's dormitory until 1912. It was named for Oregon Senator Thomas E. Cauthorn, who obtained the state funding for construction of the building.
When Weatherford Hall was completed in 1928, the four units of the structure were named for four prominent supporters of Oregon State College: Thomas E. Cauthorn, Daniel V. Poling, Curtis L. Hawley, and Austin T. Buxton. The Cauthorn Club was an organization of men residents of the Cauthorn wing of Weatherford Hall.
Return to Cauthorn Club Records Home