The Engineering Experiment Station Records document engineering research conducted by faculty, staff, and students at Oregon State University. The bulk of the collection is comprised of the Papers of Samuel H. Graf. The Engineering Experiment Station was established at Oregon Agricultural College in 1927. Samuel H. Graf earned several engineering degrees from Oregon Agricultural College, joined the faculty in 1909, and served as director of engineering research (1928-1944) and director of the Engineering Experiment Station (1944-1954).
1 cubic foot; 1 box; 34 microfilm reels
The Engineering Experiment Station Records are arranged in 4 subgroups: Subgroup 1, General Subject File, 1914-1951; Subgroup 2, Samuel H. Graf Papers, 1904-1964; Subgroup 3, Technical Services Committee Records, 1965-1970; and Subgroup 4, Publications, 1927-1989. All of the subgroups are comprised of multiple series.
The College of Engineering Records (RG 062) document the administration of the College and the instructional, research, and professional activities of engineering faculty at Oregon State. The Samuel H. Graf Collection (MSS Graf) consists primarily of letters written by Graf to his family during his student years and early years on the Oregon Agricultural College faculty as well as other materials that were acquired separately from Graf's papers in the Engineering Experiment Station Records. Additional information about S.H. Graf can be found in the Memorabilia Collection. The Special Collections & Archives Research Center also houses the records of the following engineering departments: Bioresource Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.