Delta Mu was the first sorority to be formed at Oregon Agricultural College in January 23, 1915. Two other sorority chapters, Alpha Chi Omega and Alpha Chi, were formed later that year. The Women’s Interfraternity Council was formed in 1917 and renamed the Panhellenic in 1919. Composed of representatives from the sorority chapters on the Oregon State University campus Panhellenic is the governing body of the sorority chapters and is responsible for providing support to the chapters. The Panhellenic Council is a national organization of collegiate sororities.
Return to Panhellenic Council Records Home