Prior to 1900, the Clerk of the College kept all student records in ledger books. This early office in the Administration Building (now Benton Hall),was part of the President’s Office. The Registrar’s Office as an official function is first mentioned in the Oregon Agricultural College Catalog of 1903. Professor John B. Horner (1856-1933) held the title of first Registrar. The Registrar’s office originally had responsibility for recruitment of students, admissions, registration, and maintenance of student permanent academic records. In 1960, a separate Admissions Office was established at Oregon State University.
Return to Student Academic Records Home