The Websterian Literary Society was organized in October 1892, one of two societies created at the time (the other being the Ciceronian Literary Society) through a plan conceived by the college's president, John Bloss. It was a coeducational society that met bi-weekly with programs that included instrumental and vocal music, readings, declamations, and debates. The society initially had two chapters, and later added a third as membership increased. The Websterians probably disbanded in 1895 or 1896 when several new literary societies were formed.
Return to Websterian Literary Society Records Home