The Sorosis Literary Society was established on November 15, 1895, for female students of Oregon Agricultural College. The society's programs, often done with another society, included dramatic and comedy performances, recitation, and vocal and instrumental music. The society adopted royal purple as its color. The Sorosis Literary Society probably disbanded during the 1912/13 school year, when the college's literary society structure was reorganized.
Return to Sorosis Literary Society Records Home