The Oregon Agricultural College Engineering Association met for the first time on November 17, 1905. The association was established to enable junior and senior electrical and mechanical engineering students to meet and discuss topics relating to engineering. Discussion topics included "Portland Dry Dock," "Current Literature," "Suspension Bridges," and "Wireless Telegraphy."
In 1908, the electrical engineering students withdrew from the association and formed a local student chapter of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers. In March 1909 the association was reorganized as a local student branch of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
Return to Oregon Agricultural College Engineering Association Records Home