The Administrative Council and the College Council were established by the Board of Regents in 1908. The Administrative Council consisted of the President, Director of the Experiment Station, and the Deans and advised on administrative and policy issues. The College Council consisted of the President, Director of the Experiment Station, the Professors, and the Assistant Professors and considered academic policies regarding courses of study, admissions, and graduation. The College Council ceased to function as a separate body in the early 1920s. By the early 1960s, the Administrative Council was composed of Deans, Directors, and other administrative officers appointed by the President and was concerned primarily with coordination of administrative activities.
Return to Administrative Council Records Home