The Agricultural Experiment Station Records document agricultural research in Oregon from the founding of the Experiment Station in 1880s. Research activities were conducted on the Oregon State University campus and at branch stations throughout Oregon.
58 cubic ft.; 44 microfilm reels
Consists of three subgroups, Station Administrative Records, Branch Station Records, and Research Records. Each subgroup has multiple series, most of which are arranged chronologically.
The College of Agricultural Sciences Dean's Office Records (RG 158) contain material pertaining to the Agricultural Experiment Station. Station annual reports for 1890-1920 are part of the annual/biennial reports of the college, located in the President's Office Records (RG 13). Research related materials can be located in the Research Office Records (RG 170). Other associated record groups include records of the Extension Service (RG 111); Extension and Experiment Station Communications (RG 69); and individual departments such as the Agricultural and Resource Economics Department (RG 128), the Bioresource Engineering Department (RG 1), and the Food Science and Technology Department (RG 176).
Related photograph (P) groups include Agriculture (P 40); College of Agricultural Sciences (P 36); Agricultural Communications (P 120); Agricultural Experiment Station (P 29); Experiment Station Publications (P 132); Extension Service (P 62); Robert W. Henderson (P 98); Station Bulletin Illustrations (P 19); and collections for individual departments, especially Horticulture (P 90).
The Archives' holdings include the G. Burton Wood Papers and all the publication series produced by the Agricultural Experiment Station. Several Memorabilia Collection (MC) files pertain to the Experiment Station.