Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Forest Products Department Records, 1941-1995

Historical Note

In 1927 the Department of Lumber Manufacture was added to the School of Forestry. The name was later changed to the Department of Wood Products and, in 1947, to the Department of Forest Products. The Oregon Forest Products Laboratory was created in 1941, under the auspices of the State Board of Forestry.


Return to Forest Products Department Records Home