- Check from AHP to Brown and Welin RE: $10.47. [Bank Statement from First Western Bank to LP and AHP March 19, 1963] [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: Box #4.027, Folder #27.2]
- Check from AHP to Brown and Welin, re: $10.49, for "medicine." [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial, Box 4.077, Folder 77.2]
- Check from AHP to Southern California Edison Co. RE: $39.52. [Bank Statement from First Western Bank to LP and AHP March 19, 1963] [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: Box #4.027, Folder #27.2]
- Check from AHP to Southern California Gas Co. RE: $30.00. [Bank Statement from First Western Bank to LP and AHP March 19, 1963] [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: Box #4.027, Folder #27.2]
- Check from AHP to Standard Oil Company of California RE: $12.10. [Bank Statement from First Western Bank to LP and AHP March 19, 1963] [Filed under LP Biographical: Business and Financial: Box #4.027, Folder #27.2]
- Letter from Evan Gillespie, W. H. Freeman & Co., to LP RE: Discusses options for lettering for figures in College Chemistry. Presents several questions regarding figures and their numbering in the book. Attached are Polaroid photos of lettering options. [Filed under LP Books: 1964b.10]
- Letter from LP [Signed Linda Hopkins] to Cannon L. John Collins, Christian Action. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (L. John and Diana Collins), #66.11]
5 March 1963
Canon L. John Collins
2 Amen Court
London, E.C.4, ENGLAND
Here are carbon copies of my letters to Premier Khrushchev and Academician Keldysh about Dr. I. Ziferstein and his desire to go to the Soviet Union for a year, in order to make a study of the practice of dynamic psychiatry in the Soviet Union.
As I stated in these letters and also to you when you were in Los Angeles, I have complete confidence in Dr. Ziferstein and Mrs. Ziferstein and am willing to vouch for their integrity and honesty.
I hope that you will find it worth while to write in support of his application for a visa for a year.
- Letter from LP to Allen Moses, MRHA Guest Speakers Program, RE: Declines the invitation to speak before the faculty and student body of the University of Illinois, under the auspices of the Men’s Residence Halls Associations. [Letter from Moses to LP No Date] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (I: Correspondence, 1963) #185.24]
- Letter from LP to John Fischer, Editor-in-Chief, Harper’s Magazine RE: Requests information on when LP’s letter regarding statements in a previous issue of the magazine will appear. [Letter from LP to Fischer, January 24, 1963] [Filed under LP Biographical: Legal: Assorted Legal Disputes, 1963-1965: Box #3.058, Folder #59.2]
- Letter from LP to Michael Levi Matar, Counsellor at Law, RE: Discusses settlement figures in the Hearst Corporation lawsuit and discusses his schedule. Requests a copy of the complaint against the National Review. [Letter from Matar to LP, February 19, 1963, Letter from LP to Matar, April 3, 1963] [LP Biographical: Legal: Pauling v. National Review, Buckley, et al., 1961-1969: Box #3.016, Folder #16.1]
- Letter from LP to Miss M. C. Haverbusch, University of Cincinnati, RE: Says she should have no difficulty calculating susceptibility values from information his the paper published by him and Coryell in 1936 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Describes where she could find other papers on hemoglobin. [Letter from Haverbusch to LP February 28, 1963] [Filed under LP Correspondence:(H: Correspondence, 1963) #169.1]
- Letter from LP to Vice President for Business Affairs. [Filed under LP Biographical: Materials re: Correspondence, Memoranda: Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, C.I.T., 1957-1964: Box #1.022, Folder #22.2]
5 March 1963
TO: Vice President for Business Affairs
FROM: Linus Pauling
Would you please prepare for me in duplicate an affidavit stating that I have been employed in the California Institute of Technology for about 40 years, that at the present time my salary is $20,000 per year, and that I have permanent tenure? I need it in connection with sponsoring an immigrant.
- Letter from Linda Hopkins, Secretary to LP, to Morris K. Nicholson, Lahey Clinic, RE: Requests clarification on the invitation dates for dinner with the Board of Trustees and their wives. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (L: Correspondence, 1963), #232.2]
- Postcard from the National Science Foundation to LP RE: Acknowledges receipt of the grant application P-14447 on “The Structure of Intermetallic Compounds and Other Alloys.” [Letter from Hess to National Science Foundation February 28, 1963] [Filed under LP Science: (National Science Foundation: Grants, Exhibits, 1954-1964), Box #14.030, Folder #30.8]
- Typescript [speech excerpts]: “What Can You Do For Peace,” by Isidore Ziferstein, Hollywood Chapter of SANE. [Filed under AHP Individual Correspondence, Peace and Political: (Correspondence: Ziferstein, Isidore, 1962-1965), Box#1.006, Folder#6.21]