- Article: "Radioactive Fallout and Radioactive Strontium," Science. [Filed under LP Peace: Materials re: Strontium-90, 1956-May 1959: Box #7.011, Folder #11.1]
- Itinerary: University of Illinois; evening popular lecture "Abnormal Hemoglobins" [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.002, Folder #2.2]
- Letter from LP [Signed by Beatrice Wulf] to F. R. N. Nabarro, University of the Witwatersrand, RE: Declines the invitation to come to Johannesburg as a member of a Science Congress created as part of a celebration of the70th Anniversary of the city's foundation. [Letters from Nabarro to LP April 10, 1956, April 25, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (N: Correspondence, 1956), #287.23]
- Letter from LP [Signed by Beatrice Wulf] to William T. Scott, Smith College, RE: Is pleased to be a member of the Society for Social Responsibility in Science. Mentions Miss Anslow's work. [Letter from Scott to LP March 29, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (S: Correspondence, 1956), #379.4]
- Letter from LP to Arthur Taub, President, National Nephrosis Foundation, Los Angeles Chapter, RE: Regrets that he will not be able to attend the dinner on 26 April, since he will be in Amherst, Massachusetts. Is pleased, however, that Dr. Jean Oliver is to receive the Thomas Addis Memorial Award. Encloses a check for $50 as a contribution. [Letter from Taub to LP April 1956] [LP Science: National Nephrosis Foundation, Inc., 1954-1958: Box #14.026, Folder #26.1]
- Letter from LP to Dr. Allen J. Enelow to LP RE: LP and AHP accept the invitation to the dinner dance on October 20. Accepts offer for room reservation at the Ambassador for October 20. Not certain as to whom to suggest to discuss his paper. Suggests asking Ruth Tolman's advice. [Letters from Enelow to LP March 22, 1956, June 7, 1956] [Filed under LP Speeches: 1956s.31]
- Letter from Peter Pauling to Linus Pauling. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box #5.042, Folder #42.3]
182 Broomwood Rd.
20 April 1956
Dear Mamma and Daddy,
I hope you are having a good trip.
We have decided to change our plans some. We wanted to go to the south for some sun
and planned to go in June or so, but with the advanced pregnancy and cars and the state of the
work, I think we should go now and spend the summer here. Accordingly, we shall leave next
week for Spain and Portugal and Southern France, and home through Stuttgart to Belgium. I am
not sure when we shall be where but shall advise you in time to write. I wish to leave here about
th 25th and we shall be back to meet you June 1st. We are going to take the Porsche and shall leave it in Germany to be shipped home.
Would you like to import the Porsche for me, please. There are two reasons: 1.) I want to
send it off the end of May and do not want to come to the United States until September, so what
happens to the car during the spare month or so I don't know and 2.) it would be less expensive
on your allowance since I have some other stuff.
Could you advise me of your shipping firm in Hamburg, please?
- Speech: "Abnormal Hemoglobin Molecules in Relation to Disease" (popular), 8 PM, Smith Recital Hall, University of Illinois, George A. Miller Lectures in Chemistry. [Filed under LP Speeches: 1956s.11]