- Itinerary: University of California Lectures, Berkeley Lecture [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.002, Folder #2.1]
- Letter from Edward Hughes to William Moffit, Department of Chemistry, Harvard University, cc: LP, RE: Discusses details of Moffit's planned visit to Gates and Crellin Laboratories in March. [Letter from Moffit to LP January 3, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (M: Correspondence, 1956), #257.1]
- Letter from J. Douglas Brown, Princeton University, to LP RE: Asks for LP's evaluation of Dr. Frank H. Johnson for promotion to full Professor at Princeton University. [Letter from LP to Brown January 16, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (J: Correspondence, 1956), #192.22]
- Letter from John H. Yoe, University of Virginia, to LP RE: Thanks LP for his evaluation of Dr. Paul N. Schatz. [Filed under LP Correspondence: (Y: Correspondence, 1956), #462.12]
- Letter from Peter Pauling to Ava Helen Pauling. [Filed under LP Biographical: Box #5.042, Folder #42.3]
9 JAN 1956
Happy New Year. Things are moving slowly. Christmas was quiet. New Year's was
quiet. Linda will be back soon & then perhaps she and & I can have the pudding, which I have
not eaten yet. Rumor says she was in good form in Carradale and got along like a house afire
with the Mitchison's. Similarities in the Mitchison-Pauling house holds have made her homesick.
Do you want this amplifier? My work is not as happy as it might be. I am unsure what is
wrong. I a m still living in my little room in Newnham. It is sad, but I am little there so it does
not much matter.
- Letter from Sidney Roedel, Bendix Aviation Corporation, to LP RE: Requests assistance in gaining a better understanding of problems involving aluminum electrodes in a lithium chloride solution. [Letter from LP to Roedel February 3, 1956] [Filed under LP Correspondence: (R:Correspondence, 1956), #341.2]
- Proposed Itinerary: Iowa State College, Ames [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.002, Folder #2.1]
- Proposed Itinerary: State University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City [Filed under LP Travel: Box #1.002, Folder #2.1]