- Letter from Alden H. Emery, Executive Secretary, to LP. RE: Informs him that Dr. Lundell is resigning his post as Chairman of the Canvassing Committee, due to health problems. Suggests Chester M. Alter as a replacement. [Filed under LP Science: American Chemical Society: Correspondence, 1943-1948: Box #14.003 Folder #3.4]
- Letter from M. Szwarc, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Manchester, to LP RE: States he is sending his application for the Noyes Fellowship. Discusses the various types of visas possible, and states he would like to take up the Fellowship as employment, so he could get an emigrant's visa. [Note from M. Szwarc to LP June 16, 1948, Application July 14, 1948] [Filed under LP Correspondence: #373.1]
- Letter from Nathan Weiner, Chairman, Program Committee, to LP. RE: Acknowledges his note of June 1st. [Filed under LP Science: American Chemical Society: Correspondence, 1943-1948: Box #14.003 Folder #3.4]
- Minutes of the Chicago Meeting of the ACS Committee on Foreign Compendia.
- Note from Prof. Mark Y. Julia to LP RE: Writes that he visited LP's lecture at Imperial College but was unable to get to Oxford. Discusses his travel plans and his plans to return to France next year after finishing his English PhD. [Letter from LP to Julia January 25, 1949] [Filed under LP Correspondence: Box #192.14, file:(J: Correspondence, 1948)]