Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Home Management House Photograph Collection, 1945-1948

Historical Note:

Home management houses (or practice houses) were established in the School of Home Economics in 1916 and a six-week residency in one of the houses was required of all home economics students. Beginning in 1926, infants and toddlers lived in the home management houses and were cared for by the students and resident advisor. More than 50 children lived in the home management houses for several weeks to a year from 1926 through the 1940s.


Return to Home Management House Photograph Collection Home