Description: Aerial view of Coleman field, 1947. Coleman Field has been OSU's only home field since varsity baseball began in 1907. It is the longest continuously used field in the Pacific 12 Conference and one of the longest in the nation. The field was also used for football practice when Bell field (left) was the football team's stadium. Although the baseball diamond had been known as Coleman Field since the 1940s, it wasn't formally given that name by the University until 1981.
Source: Harriet's Photograph Collection (HC)
Return to Paul Andresen Photographs Home