Agricultural Economics courses were taught by the Agronomy Department at Oregon Agricultural College early in the 20th century. In 1917, the Agronomy Department was divided into four programs, including the Farm Management Department. Farm Management was combined with the Agricultural Economics Department in 1949. The department was renamed Agricultural and Resource Economics in 1974.
R. Donald Langmo came to OSU in 1948 and taught in the Agricultural and Resource Economics Department. Langmo specialized in the study of industrial engineering as applied to the harvest and processing of agricultural products.
Return to Agricultural and Resource Economics Department Photographs Home