Born in Portland, Oregon in 1902, Alice Kathryn Kidder attended Oregon Agricultural College in 1920. Graduating in 1924, Kidder taught elementary school in Ashland for a year before moving to California, where she continued to teach until 1952. Active in alumni affairs, Kidder was a member of the OSU President's Club and the Council of Regents until the 1990's. Her legacy to the University has been recognized in the establishment of the Alice Kathryn Kidder Grand Foyer in the Valley Library. Andrew Kidder attended OAC from 1893 to 1896 and worked with the Department of Botany and Horticulture in the College greenhouses from 1891 to 1897. In addition to Alice, Andrew also had a son, who graduated from OAC in 1923.
Return to Alice Kidder Evans Photograph Collection Home