Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Extension and Experiment Station Communications Photograph Collection, 1912-1997

Historical Note

The Extension Information Office (which later became Extension Communications) and the Agricultural Experiment Station Information office (which later became Agricultural Experiment Station Communications) were separate units until 1983, when they were combined into a single unit in the College of Agricultural Sciences known as Agricultural Communications. The name was changed in March of 1996 to Extension and Experiment Station Communications to reflect the move at OSU to make Extension a university-wide outreach activity. Extension Information provided support in the design, production, and distribution of educational materials, publications, news releases, feature stories, radio programs initially, but have added in more recent years: videotape, satellite delivery, web delivery.


Return to Extension and Experiment Station Communications Photograph Collection Home