The Horticulture Department Photographs consist of images taken and assembled by horticulture faculty for teaching and research and depict a variety of horticultural topics as well as the Oregon Agricultural College campus. The Department of Horticulture and Botany was established in 1888; a separate Horticulture Department formed in 1909.
4 cubic feet, including 3900 photographs; 34 boxes, including 3 oversize boxes
Additional materials pertaining to horticulture teaching and research are available in the Horticulture Department Records (RG 187) and the Oregon State Horticultural Society Records (RG 151) and Photographs (P 054). The Archives holdings include the papers of several horticulture faculty: James R. Baggett, Arthur G.B. Bouquet, William A. "Tex" Frazier, and Melvin N. Westwood.