Oregon State UniversitySpecial Collections & Archives Research Center

Horticulture Department Photographs, 1900-1980

Historical Note:

Classes in horticulture were taught at Oregon State University as early as 1874 by B.J. Hawthorne. The Department of Horticulture and Botany was established in 1888. By 1909, the Horticulture Department had been formalized as part of the School of Agriculture.


Return to Horticulture Department Photographs Home